Thursday, May 16, 2013

Blog 25: Mentorship


LIA Response to blog:

Literal

Interpretive
  • The most important thing I have gained from this experience is learning how to be more open and talk upfront with strangers as well as learning how to negotiate. Also, I learned that the job of a wedding planner is not as easy as it may seem. At the beginning of the school year I wasn't exactly shy but I wasn't exactly outspoken either. This job really pushed me to talk to people and to communicate easily with vendors. It is a very helpful life skill that I will be needing in the future. I am not the type of person to haggle or negotiate. I just like things with a fair price tag on it with no strings attached. But by doing my mentorship, I saw how important it is to try to lower down the cost as possible. Not just for weddings, but for anything in the future. Negotiating is also something I will carry with me in the future especially when I will be a poor college student. 
Applied
  • I basically derived all of my answers from my mentorship. Gretchen showed me the process of planning a wedding which is by utilizing a proper budget and creating a timed schedule,while Claudia took me to the events and allowed me to make connections to vendors to advertise the company. Getting to see my mentors in action allowed me to see wedding planning as a whole and nitpick essential parts that basically makes a wedding thrive. Without my mentorship, it would be quite difficult to create my answers. It really takes being there and doing the hands on work to come up with answers such as utilizing a proper wedding budget, creating a timed schedule, and having connections to  vendors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment